ENVIRONMENTAL ART INSTALLATIONS SCULPTURE DRAWING
- Post Graduate
- St. Martins School of Art - London
- Fine Art Degree
- Croydon College of Art - Surrey
- Chinese Language and Archaeology - London University
EXHIBITIONS AND COMMISSIONS TO 2013 INCLUDE
- REFOREST. A celebraton fo 20 years of Artists commissions in King's Wood. Stour Valley Arts Gallery. Elwick Road, Ashford, Kent. TN23 1 NR. Till August 31. 2013 Wed - Sat 11 - 4.
- A DECADE OF THE MARK TANNER SCULPTURE AWARD at Standpoint Gallery, Hoxton London May - June 29 2013
- Selected artist for a series of outdoor interrelated commissions for the Woodland Trust's flagship Diamond Woods in Leicestershire 2012 - 14 (Arts Council funded)
- INSIDE Blank Media Collective, Manchester March - April 2012
- One of 100 International artists taking part in the Prague Festival of Contemporary Art, Czech Republic, Oct /Nov 2011
- Finalist and award winner, EWA Awards, La Galleria, Pall Mall London 25 - 29 Oct, Cork St Open, 27 - 28 Cork St. London W1 in aid of Papyrus
- Young Scot, Climate Change Awareness, Pearce Institute, Glasgow, June 2011
- Pride in the House, One of 3 Winners, Lauderdale House, Highgate, London, July 12 - 24 2011
- next - Whats new and whats next in contemporary art + design, BECA Foundation, Albuquerque, USA, 2011
- Curiouser & Curiouser, Old Vic Tunnels London 2010
- ROA Gallery Pall Mall London 2010
- Punctuation Marks, Henry Moore Institute, Leeds 2010
- 'The Workshop of Hereafter' Blyth Gallery, Kensington, London 2009
- Cork Street Open Exhibition for Charity, Cork Street Gallery, London 2009
- London Art Fair, Islington 2009
- UNFOLD Nettie Horn Gallery, Vyner Street, London 2009
- Concrete and glass, Shoreditch Town hall, London 2008
- PARALLAX, Fieldgate Gallery, London 2008
- Prospects and Interiors, Recent Acquisitions of Sculptors Drawings Leeds Art gallery 2008
- Considered Matter, Mid Pennine Gallery, Burnley 2008
- Et Pendant Ce Temps, Nettie Horn Gallery, London 2008
- Eyestorm, (opp. Tate Modern) 2007
- The London Group. Menier Chocolate Factory, 51 Southwark street, London 2007
- The Chancel, 20-21 Arts Centre, Scunthorpe 2007
- Queens House, National Maritime Museum, Greenwich 2010 2014
- 'Undercurrent' Fabrica, Brighton 2004
- Kafeart Gallery, Dordogne, France 2004
- International Glass Biennale, Ruskin Glass Centre, Stourbridge 2004
- Convergence International Arts Festival, USA 2003
- Waterstones Bookshop, Piccadilly, London 2002
- Gardner Arts Centre, Brighton 2002
- Royal Society of British Sculptors 2000 and 2001
- Atrium Gallery, Price Waterhouse Coopers, London 2001
- Cheltenham Open Drawing Exhibition touring to Kunsthalle Sierre, Switzerland 2001
- Garden sculpture for Mrs Anne Wood 2000
- Dostoyevsky Museum, St.Petersburg 1999
- Royal College of Art, London 1997
- Dean Clough Contemporary Art Galleries, Halifax 1997
- Lokaal 01, Holland 1997
- Museum of Contemporary Art (MACBA) Barcelona 1996
- Passerelle Centre d'Art, Brittany 1995
- Frankfurt Art Fair 1992
- Kettles Yard, Cambridge; Brandts Klaedefabrik, Denmark 1991
- Edge 90, International Biennale of Innovative Visual Art, Newcastle 1990
- Der Pfalzgaleries, West Germany 1990
- Serpentine Gallery, London 1987
2 Sculptures in the Forest, Kingswood, Kent; Irwell Sculpture Trail, Manchester; Glasgow Garden Festival "Eaumages Festival of Installation" Villedieu Cultural Centre, Paris; "On Site" Yorkshire Sculpture Park, International Sculpture Symposium.
- Award winner, EWA Awards
- Winner of the UJADF Award for Installation (UK/JAPAN Art Design and Film)
- Arts Council Award
- Rouse Kent Award for Public Art
- EWACC Online Art Competition, 1st Prize
- Mark Tanner Award for Sculpture
- London Arts Bursary
- Portland Clifftop Sculpture Park (major award)
- The Elephant Trust
- London Arts Board
- Henry Moore Sculpture Trust
- British Council Travelling Awards
- London Docklands Development Corporation
- 'Thinking is making, Presence and Absence in Contemporary Sculpture.' Publ. by Black Dog April 2013. Ed. Michael Taylor. ( ISBN13: 9781908966049 )
- 'Sculpture Parks and Trails of England' by Alison Stace. (ISBN 13:978-07136-7952-6)
- 'FABRICA the first 10 years' Introduction by Caroline Collier. Essays by Matthew Miller, Liz Whitehead, Nannette Aldred and Phyllida Shaw (ISBN 0-9543380-2-2)
- 'Kingswood': A context. Eds. Sandra Drew and Liz Kent (ISBN 09535 3409 x) Published by Stour Valley Arts.
- 'Meditative Spaces' by Michael Freeman (ISBN 0-7893-1065-1) Universe Publishing, Rizzoli, NY.
- 'Installation Art' published by Thames and Hudson (ISBN 0-500-23672-0).
- 'The Dictionary of Artists in Britain since 1945' by David Buckman published by Art Dictionaries.
Newspapers and magazines include : Broadleaf . Issue 79 Woodland Trust, 2012. FRIEZE Oct. 2008. English garden magazine. SCULPTURE magazine (USA). 'Art for the Nation' National Maritime Museum. The Architectural Digest, Italy. Art Monthly. Artswork. Time Out. Mediamatic Vol.4. Artscribe. File Magazine. The Guardian. The Sunday Times. The Financial Times. West Midlands Arts Review. 20/20 Magazine. Art Review. Performance Magazine. Ouest France. Le Telegramme. "Avui". Sillage Magazine. Art Forum International. Evening Standard. Hot Tickets. Blueprint Magazine. Make. The Spectator. The Times. The Independent.
Television and Radio
- ITV Meridian TV News, 6 pm Jan 12.
- "Stour Valley Arts" Channel 4 BigArt website, Interview and 4 artworks. May. ( click on videos on left and scroll down to 'landart')
- Interview, Southern Counties radio 8.45 pm 23 June.
- BBC TV South East today 1.30 and 6.30 pm 23 June.
For further information, telephone 020-7625-9300.
© 2014 Rosie Leventon all rights reserved